List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Wiki-based online help system for KDE
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2007-06-03 23:44:38

Hi Bernhard,

Wiki based help system have been discussed several times on this list.
Please look into the list history to find out why it was turned down.

personally i don't see any real benifits in a wiki based system compared to the \
current situation.

In the current situation, developers don't need to write documents, if users want to \
they can write a document in plain text and the document team  will add the neccesary \
docbook formatting. Translating documents and maintaining it is a lot easier in the \
current situation (with po files) than with a wiki.  wiki means online documentation, \
while in the current system, users can access the help in offline situations as well \
current system with docbook makes it possible to use different output formats, like \
html and pdf. kde already has a wiki, and looking at the current state of it, there \
aren't many kde users that are interested in maintaining a wiki documentation.

Regards, Rinse