List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Where are kmail.po(t) and kbabel.po(t)
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-05-06 19:01:35

On Sonntag, 6. Mai 2007, Eduard Werner/Edward Wornar wrote:
> Njedźelu 06 meje 200719:48 Thomas Reitelbach pisaše:
> Sorry, I should have told I am working on the Upper Sorbian translation,
> not the German one.

I just saw your german email address ;-)

> > And for hsb instead of de:
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/hsb/messages/kdepim/
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/hsb/messages/kdesdk/
>
> Yep, thank you. I do see them and I see now I have checked them out. I was
> mislead by the question mark catalog manager displayed and the missing
> statistics. The question mark says the file contains syntax errors, but a
> syntax check says the file is correct. What's happening here?

You are obviously using a gettext version < 0.15, which leads to the question
marks. (run xgettext --version to check)

You have two options to make it work without question marks:

1. disable some checks:
   - "Run msgfmt before processing a file" (catalogmanager/project settings)
   - "Check syntax of file when saving" (kbabel project settings)

2. upgrade to gettext 0.15 or newer

The reason is the new standard-compliant PO-format and few new features which
are beeing used in KDE 4's PO-files.

Cheers
Thomas