List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translations for non-KDE applications
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2007-04-18 8:12:04

On mercoledì 18 aprile 2007, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> Op woensdag 11 april 2007, schreef Luciano Montanaro:
> > Personally, I would welcome external applications, since one problem
> > for our team is currently to find a way to keep new volunteers busy.
> > Currently, we have   to tell them there is no work for them, unless they
> > want to tackle documentation (wich is harder than interface translation
> > and boring). If external applications were admitted, we could keep new
> > volunteers busy, and the external project could gain a translation.
> > Plus, the translations would be consistent with those used in KDE.
>
> I always browse kde-apps.org for interesting applications to translate :)

I have also done that. I am translating kdesvn now, and I have translated
the "Six" game (which is quite an interesting board game), but I think many
external KDE applications are missing an opportunity here...

There are translators potentially willing to help, but hunting for
applications to translate is not for everyone.

Luciano

--
                                                            \\ //