List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Thai in stable and Howto move translation to kde4
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2007-04-15 12:46:11

On Sunday 15 April 2007, Sahachart Anukulkitch wrote:
> Hi,
[...]
> Next mission is to port the trunk to l10n-kde4. OK, from the previous
> thread, I think I didn't get an exact answer of how to move trunk/l10n
> translation to trunk/l10n-kde4. So, if you wouldn't mind, please give me an
> answer or a link to a document containing 'howto' move the translation. I
> feel that I have things to do more than just move all translation to
> trunk/l10n-kde4 and I can't understand it all (regarding scripting or
> something like that).

I have checked again the available consversion scripts in
trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts/conversion

It seems that there is a script that could help you (and others in similar
situations):
trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts/conversion/convert_language.sh

The mandatory parameters for the scripts are:
- the directory where the stable translations are (i.e. branches/stable/l10n)
- the language that you want to convert

As far as I see, the script would create what you need, except kdeqt.po (which
you can always create from the converted kdelibs.po, as long as it has still
the obsolete entries).

The script needs to be started from the directory corresponding to
trunk/l10n-kde4.

Be careful that for the conversion using a Gettext 0.15 or later is mandatory.

> Thank you very much.
>
> Cheers,
> Sahachart

Have a nice day!