On Saturday 31 March 2007, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > On Saturday 31 March 2007, Thomas Reitelbach wrote: > > On Freitag, 30. März 2007, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > > > I have a question about the text of the file trunk/ l10n-kde4/README. > > > (Sorry if it has been discussed before and I would have missed any > > > discussion.) > > > > > > In the text, it is written that Gettext 0.15 is needed for using > > > KBabel. > > > > > > While of course this is true to get the full potential, there is > > > something in the text that "disturbs" me. It reads "To avoid several > > > annoying error messages" one should use Gettext 0.15. > > > > > > This tells me that forcing translators to use Gettext 0.15 does not > > > seem to have been discussed and decided but only done so because KBabel > > > would be supposed not to do better. > > > > > > However in this case, i am wondering why I had introduced the > > > possibility to disable checking to exactly avoid those "annoying error > > > messages". > > > > > > So in short my question is: Was this a decision? Was this phrasing due > > > to unknown features? Or does KBabel not work despite unchecking the > > > right options? > > > > > > I am just asking because software updates were always critical in the > > > past (an extreme example being the CVS to SVN transition), so I suppose > > > that some translators would very much prefer *not* to update their > > > Gettext. > > > > Hello Nicolas, > > [...] > > > I was not aware of a possibility to disable special checks at the time > > when i wrote this text. Of course we should give an alternative to > > installing gettext 0.15 if it exists. Can you give me a short hint, which > > tests should be disabled? I'll then update the README accordingly. > > It is in the project options. I can remember that for the editor it is in > the save options This one is called "Check syntax of file when saving" and is even documented in KBabel's doc: http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdesdk/kbabel/preferences-project-settings.html#preferences-project-save > , as for the catalog manager, if I remember well it it is > in the main catalog manager options. But I am going to look closer at it. And this one seems not to be documented. > > [...] > > Have a nice day! Have a nice day!