List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE transaltion
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-19 8:21:32

O Xoves, 18 de Xaneiro de 2007 23:25, Adriaan de Groot escribiu:
> I'd like to remind y'all that FP7 is primarily *research* and not improving
> existing projects. I personally don't think there's much chance of getting
> money for general "doing translation work" unless you manage to produce a
> really good story about how that's good for the European economy, improves
> understanding of machine translation and helps local government. Well,
> that's a nice outline of such a proposal :)

In the case of gl language, it is one of the 2 official languages in galiza,
together with spanish. For the local government to do any kind of "massive
deployment" (not sure if this is the expresion for a instalation like linex,
or guadalinex), it is necessary that the software you are going to install
be "certified" for an official institution (ralg-ilg ou termigal, i dont
remember which one right now)

> That's entirely independent of whether or not people should be paid, which
> people should be paid, and how, of course.

In the case of our language, no one of us could be paid bcs we can't certify,
furthermore it will cause us a tax problem, but u could pay the
certification.

--
Best regards
MV
Public key available at www.keyserver.net
GPG Fingerprint: 8116 899E 61FD D983 AF80 FEDE 1CD8 1C9A 4B81 73AE