List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Duplicated files on SVN
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-01-07 12:33:22

On Di Dez 26 2006, Youssef Chahibi wrote:

> there are two similar files for translations at the following locations:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/messages/playground-utils/ksim.p
>ot?rev=434106&view=log
>
> and
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/messages/kdeutils/ksim.pot?rev=5
>14574&view=log
>
> they are nearly similar but I was wondering if they will be converted with
> msgfmt and put in the same directory
> but under different names ?
> otherwise one is going to delete the other
>
> which one is the correct one ?

Both are correct because they refer to the same application at different
locations.

The KSim in playground-utils is a major rewrite of KSim in kdeutils as far as
i can tell from the commit logs. The one in kdeutils is the old-fashioned
KSim. You can (should) only install the one KSim or the other but not both at
the same time; same is true for the PO-files.

So if you installed KSim from playground-utils you should use ksim.po from
playground-utils as well - and the other way around for KSim from kdeutils.

So there is no need to rename anything. It is very likely that KSim from
kdeutils will be replaced by that from playground-utils, which will
automatically solve this confusing situation.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
There are 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.