List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Request for a new string
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-04 21:02:25

Hi,

 There was an unfortunate situation that I posted a patch to the
kde-core-devel for review and as nobody commented on it for 10 days, I
commited. The patch has a string "Email:" which was not present in this
for in kdelibs before, only as "Email". I though commiting an
i18n("Email") + ":" form is safe, as no new string is introduced. But I
was told that in French (I don't know in other languages) this
incorrect, as there is a need of space between the word and the colon.
I'm asking here what is your opinion, what should I do:
1) - revert the commit
2) - leave as it is (will be slightly broken in French)
3) - commit the "Email:" version - will introduce a new string

Andras