List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems with generating glossary
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2007-01-03 22:27:48

Am Mittwoch, 3. Januar 2007 19:47 schrieb Krzysztof Lichota:
> Johannes Jowereit napisał(a):
> > Well, I can reproduce it. On my system (SuSE 10.2, KDE 3.5.5) the
> > umlauts aren't displayed correctly (and the header and the logo are
> > missing). Also, the trademark sign (r) has some strange character
> > before it.

I have strange characters before the trademark sign (r) in the english
documentation in dapper, edgy and recent 3.5 compiled from sources.
In the german docs the trademark sign (r) is missing, umlauts are ok.

> Thanks for testing it. It gives some hints. I am using Kubuntu Dapper,
> so it is not Kubuntu-specific, at least :)
>
> > (But as i scrolled through the glossary, there was an untranslated
> > entry (about MIME types), so maybe it was packaged when it was not
> > yet ready).
>
> It is not likely. To generate docs, .po file must be fully translated.

True, but you can have english messages in a language docbook, generated from
fully translated docmessages.po.
But in this case (I guess Johannes is talking about the german translation)
the msgid was just copied to msgstr without translation.
Thanks to Johannes for the hint.

I see some strange characters while proofreading in the english docs (I fixed
a typo detailled->detailed and fixed the outdated info CVS->SVN, i18n->l10n,
etc, thanks to Krzysztof for the mails to kde-doc-english):

1. '<trademark class="registered">Hewlett-Packard</trademark>'
&Hewlett-Packard;->Hewlett-Packard
same for &HP; &UNIX; &SuSE; &RedHat; &Microsoft; &Windows; &MacOS;
&PostScript;

2. <quote>foobar</quote> looks like “foobar†

3. "<trademark>Qt</trademark>"
&Qt;->Qtâ„

But I have no idea what is wrong :-(

Burkhard Lück