List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to mass rename .po files?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <friedrich.w.h () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2006-10-16 17:40:18

Am Montag, 16. Oktober 2006 13:25, schrieb David Faure:
> On Sunday 15 October 2006 14:09, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found out I accidently misnamed two pot file and so changed it's name
> > in the "Makefile.am"s. But now how to proceed with regard to the already
> > existing translations?
> >
> > Is there a way/script to rename all existing .po files with the old name
> > to the new name?
>
> Yes, scripts/rename_or_move in l10n, if you have a full l10n checkout.

Ah, thanks. But the condition fails, am short of disc space. And my bash
scripting knowledge is too low to add the feature to operate just on
translations of a given module. And no time to learn by doing :(

So if your comment, Federico, is representative, I will now just do like
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/kde-i18n-howto.html#SECTION000124000000000000000 \
 advises me to do, and rm the old POT file, cc'ing this list to have all
translators moving existing translations to the new name.

Thanks for the help
Friedrich