List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Preparing for Konversation 1.0.1: The RTL release
From:       Eike Hein <sho () eikehein ! com>
Date:       2006-09-12 16:40:42

Hi,

as it stands, we're going to follow-up Konversation 1.0
with an 1.0.1 maintenance release at the end of Septem-
ber. As with 1.0, we're working out of trunk. Since the
release of 1.0, there have been a few minor string chan-
ges, and I expect a few tooltips to be added over this
week, but otherwise, the app remains string-frozen, so
now is the time to increase completeness or polish of
the existing translations.

The primary motivation behind this release is to push
out some major improvements for RTL users in the form
of a fix for a (apparently QTextEdit) bug that caused
LTR text in lines determined to be RTL initially to
appear reversed, as well as better direction guessing.

Unfortunately, the translations of the prominent RTL
languages are not in a shippable state at the moment,
which may be attributed to our previously poor RTL
performance causing a lack of interest. Since things
look much better now, it would be very cool if we
could get e.g. Hebrew and Arabic into shape to round
out the new and improved RTL abilities.

We're looking to align our release schedule for 1.0.1
with whatever time is needed to get those translations
done, so it would be nice to hear back from the Hebrew
and Arabic teams to coordinate a bit :-).

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, sho@eikehein.com