List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ktorrent translation licencing
From:       "Joris Guisson" <joris.guisson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-02 11:58:51

On 9/2/06, Joel Johnson <mrjoel@lixil.net> wrote:
> In updating the debian package for ktorrent, I examined the copyright notices
> for the files and noticed that, excepting Kinyarwanda, none of the
> translations have licences in the header or elsewhere. While it is often
> implicit that they are licenced in a like manner as the software itself, it's
> always good to be explicit. If you could ask the authors to include a header
> licence declaration that would be great.

Translations are done by the KDE i18n people. I will put their mailing
list in CC, so they can read this.

> As a last, very non-functional point, I also noticed that Marcello's name was
> reversed in the header for the libktorrent/datachecker/multidatachecker.cpp
> file in 2.0.2.

I guess some people prefer to put their last name first. Or maybe
people in Italy like to do it this way. Who knows ...

Do you actually go over every file of every software package you make
debs about ? I hadn't seen this yet.

> As a belated follow-up - thanks for adding the geoip configuration flag at
> build time. Since the API is GPL, I've actually been able to build the
> ktorrent that will go into debian with GeoIP support, I've just not included
> the geoip.dat file, but have included a snippet telling users where to
> download the file, and where to place it to be read.

It wasn't much work.

Joris,