List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: One question about general entities
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2006-08-13 16:22:41

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 04:49, Franklin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a (funny?) question about general entities in documents.
>
> In the
> $KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/entities/general.entities, we
> can find some common entities like UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, ... and
> so on.
>
> However, we can find that for some entities like UNIX, Linux, and Windows,
> the entities are defined as:
>
> <!ENTITY UNIX '<trademark class="registered">UNIX</trademark>'>
>
> while some other entities like Qt, and Solaris are defined as:
>

> <!ENTITY Qt "<trademark>Qt</trademark>">
>
> Why Qt entity does not use class="registered"?

Good catch.

This should be indeed by changed, as Trolltech claims that it is registered,
at least in:
http://www.trolltech.com/trolltech/company/about
(No, I am not going to fix it. Sorry!)

> For entities that do not use registered class, the trademark symble (R with
> a circle) can not be shown.  I'm just curious why some trademarks do not
> use class "registered"?  They should be all registered, right? :)

Not all trademarks are registered. (Otherwise they would not be any use of the
trademark symbol (tm)).

> Regards,
> Franklin (KDE@Taiwan)

Have a nice day!