List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Amarok 1.4.2 (no string freeze)
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2006-07-20 21:15:29

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 20:19, Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> We did setup a schedule for upcoming Amarok 1.4.2 release:
> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Schedule:1.4#Amarok_1.4.2
>
> As of now a beta is scheduled for July 30th and the final for August 6th -
> though it might be that everything gets delayed for about one week in case
> latest features cause problems. Also currently we don't plan to do a string
> freeze, which actually means that I'll ask everybody to not change strings
> within the last 4 days befor release so that you have meanful time to
> provide a complete translation.

Meanful time?
Do you really think 4 days is a meanful time? This is probably a joke, isn't
it? Do amarok release managers think we are slaves, just waiting all the day
to "do our job"? Sorry, but i have to earn some money in my "Amarok-free"
time. The release situation with Amarok is more than just annoying. Please
consider a REAL string freeze which lasts at LEAST 2 weeks. Otherwise you
might loose all your translators.

cheers,
thomas

ps.: sorry if this mail sounds a bit harsh :(

--
There are 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.