List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: branches/KDE/3.5/kdesdk/kbabel
From:       Bram Schoenmakers <bramschoenmakers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-07-20 12:45:57

Op donderdag 20 juli 2006 10:52, schreef Nick Shaforostoff:

[my first mail did not arrive on this list, trying again. it may happen this
message appears twice, sorry for the noise then]

Hi,

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:25:38 +0300, <kde-i18n-doc-request@kde.org> wrote:
> > Oh well, I'm talking to walls I guess (what a surprise).
>
> I already answered,

Well my fault then. I didn't expect you to reply with a subject "Re:
kde-i18n-doc Digest, Vol 40, Issue 24". It simply doesn't get my immediate
attention in folders with many unread mails.

> my answer was:
> "change in messages affect only credits dialog, not much loss, and its
> more than week before tagging occurs"
>
> i didn't change "blah blah blah" to "blah blah blah." in all messages
>
> it took <1 min for me to update kbabel Russian translation
>
> if its matter of principle

It's a matter of principle. Your change was indeed not really a big change,
translation wise. But you can imagine where this ends when every KDE
developer out there thinks that he/she can introduce 2 more string changes
just a week before tagging.

It's not about the amount of work, but it's just the attitude towards
translators. But I'm tired of this now, I won't bother you and others anymore
with this.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

Regels zijn regels (vrij naar: Rita Verdonk, mei 2006)