List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation database in KBabel (Was: Re: PO compendiums)
From:       Franklin <franklin () goodhorse ! idv ! tw>
Date:       2006-07-20 6:18:12

Hi,

Krzysztof Lichota's message on 星期四 20 七月 2006 14:05:
> Rinse de Vries napisał(a):
> > in stead of po compendium, i use the translation database of kbabel,
> > based on the svn tree (or the tar.gz package with all translations at
> > l10n.kde.org). the translation database is more flexible.
>
> I am wondering how you all manage to use translation database.
> For me, every few weeks KBabel starts crashing while opening .po files
> and the only fix is to remove translation database.
>
> So, does it work OK for you or do you use some backup/restore scheme?
>
> 	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team)

What KDE version do you use?
I know that KDE 3.4.x had this problem.  If I built translation database, it
crashed very often.  Removing it would bring a stabler kbabel.

And after upgrading to KDE 3.5.2 (now KDE 3.5.3), the problem is solved.
If you used an older version of KDE, you may consider upgrade your KDE.

Regards,
Franklin (zh_TW team)