List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Jannick Kuhr <jakuhr-linux () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-07-16 14:25:09

Tom Albers schrieb:
> I think you are far from being constructive here. I offered to try to setup a
> dialog between you and them, but you have ignored that part of my mail.
>
> So please carry on expressing your worries, and Jannick too, but please don't
> be surprised that nothing will change at Rosetta's. You were not interested.

Tom,

I would like to clarify some points, because I fear you got a quite
wrong impression.

As I already wrote some mails before, I invested a lot of time in fixing
problems related to Rosetta. I established a dialog between the German
KDE and Ubuntu translation teams, tried to reach a better coordination,
posted bugs in Launchpad, mailed actualized translations to the team and
even installed Kubuntu ( I never used it before) to see if there are
still some issues. I did all this although I don't like the concept of
Rosetta, a least not in its current state. But I think it is more
important to ensure that all Kubuntu users get a good translation and
prevent the young Ubuntu translation team from translating already
translated apps once again, since I would be very disappointing for them
if their translations get overwritten by a translation from upstream.

The mail I wrote Friday night sounded probably much harsher than it was
intended. It was very late when I came home from work and I just wanted
to answer Jonathan's mail quickly. If this resulted in a too unfriendly
mail I feel sorry for this. It was not my intention.

When I got up the next day in the morning and read your answer, I
thought that it would be a great idea to establish an dialog, because we
he have talked about this problems for a lot of weeks now without real
results. Since it had only a few minutes to write something, I just
wanted to post my proposal for the link in the programs. This is of
course no joke and intended as an idea for a compromise - based on your
offer for a dialog. Probably it had been better to write this
explicitly. The reaction of other people here shows that my proposal
seems to be not that bad. Perhaps you can think about it once again or
please explain me your reaction, so we can discuss possible alternatives :)

I hope we can pick up your offer to establish an dialog. I am strongly
interested in solving this situation in a constructive way :)

Greetings, Jannick