Tom Albers wrote: > Op vrijdag 14 juli 2006 07:19, schreef Jannick Kuhr: > > Am Freitag, 14. Juli 2006 01:51 schrieb Tom Albers: > > > I don't think adding a link will harm KDE more ( or less ) than an > > > icon change of konquerors logo, changing the default homepage of > > > konqueror or replacing the icon of the start menu with a SUSE or > > > Red Hat icon. > > > > I think it is much more. By placing a link to the Lauchpad homepage > > with the title "Translate this program" the Ubuntu guys pretend this > > is the official option to translate the application. A new, > > unexperienced user will never get the idea, that there might be an > > official translation team, which provides translations for all > > distributions including Ubuntu. In the first few month this won't > > harm us, but if other distributions start to do the same, it will > > become dificult to find good translators for the official teams. > > > > I would like to make one proposal: > > > > Place the link, but let it pop up an dialog, which explains the > > situation: > > > > "If you want to impropve the translation of %1 you have two > > possibilities. You can get in contact with the official KDE > > translation team for your language or you can start to improve > > Kubuntu's translation immediatly using Lauchpad. If you do the > > latter, your translations will probably not reach the users of other > > distributions and could be overwritten sometime by a translation of > > the official KDE translation teams. However it is easy and your > > translation will appear immediately in Kubuntu" > > > > Behind this text two buttons, this example for dutch ;-) > > > > "Dutch KDE Team" > > "Lauchpad" > > > > This would be a soultion I could live with. Especially because it's > > clear for the user what he/she is doing and that there are different > > possibilities. > > > > Kind regards, Jannick > > This is a joke, right? > > Toma What makes you think it's a joke? No offense to you, but I'm just curious. I have the exact same worries as Jannick... Yukiko