List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Jannick Kuhr <jakuhr-linux () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-07-13 22:43:16

Am Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006 19:25 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 05:48:21PM +0200, Jannick Kuhr wrote:
> > 1. The translation of KOffice has not been imported correctly. Now it's
> > in Rosetta, but not in the lang packs. The german team is not able to fix
> > this.
>
> What was wrong with it?

Now it's in Rosetta, but not in the lang packs.

> If there's extra stings there I think that's down to a bug in my packaging.

No.

> > 2. If I would like to contribute an upstream translation to improve
> > _your_ distribution (kdebluetooth in this case) I have to wait about one
> > month to see it in Rosetta.
>
> It's not clear what you mean here.  Are you importing translations
>
> >from kdebluetooth into Rosetta?  If they take a month to get into the
>
> distribution that's not a bad timeframe for a distro.  The
> kdebluetooth developers don't have time to make any releases but
> that'll affect all distros, I might take a snapshot of SVN with all
> current translations.

The KDE translation teams provide translations for all apps in KDE's svn. So
there are also translations for kdebluetooth. I mailed them to your
translation team so they could import them into Rosetta. It's definitv not my
job, but I thought it would be nice for the Ubuntu users. If I mail a new
translation to my team leader, he needs between 6 and 24 hours to upload the
files to our svn. Your team needs with the quick, easy and userfriendly
Rosetta about one month. Congratualations. It's just great.

> > 3. The translation of Adept is in the langpacks, but doesn't work in the
> > program. There is a bug report regarding this issue for about 2 months
> > but no one cares about it.
>
> What's the bug number?

It's almost imposssible for me to find it, although I know that it exists.
Very userfriendly. You probably have to search yourself, if you are
interested in this issue ...

> > So my personal impression is that you want to abuse the reputation of the
> > KDE project by placing links (adds?) in our programs to push your
> > proprietary translation tool.
>
> I don't see adding a link to Rosetta as abusing the reputation of KDE.

Exactly that is your problem.

I'm look forward to see more advertisement for other closed source products in
our software. Great.

Good night, Jannick