List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jriddell () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2006-07-13 17:39:19

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 12:38:03PM +0200, Renato Pavicic - Translator-shop.org wrote:
> Rosetta and similar methods should provide an option to do the
> translation only of:
>
> - files that are developed by the party which provides Rosetta

Your resoning is valid (not wanting to allow duplicate translations)
but one of the attractive features of Rosetta is that it offers all
translations in one place without the translator having to work with
many different upstream projects.  I've seen with the en-gb team how
Rosetta attracts translators who have used free software for ages but
never worked on it at all.

Jonathan