On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 05:48:21PM +0200, Jannick Kuhr wrote: > 1. The translation of KOffice has not been imported correctly. Now it's in > Rosetta, but not in the lang packs. The german team is not able to fix this. What was wrong with it? If there's extra stings there I think that's down to a bug in my packaging. > 2. If I would like to contribute an upstream translation to improve _your_ > distribution (kdebluetooth in this case) I have to wait about one month to > see it in Rosetta. It's not clear what you mean here. Are you importing translations from kdebluetooth into Rosetta? If they take a month to get into the distribution that's not a bad timeframe for a distro. The kdebluetooth developers don't have time to make any releases but that'll affect all distros, I might take a snapshot of SVN with all current translations. > 3. The translation of Adept is in the langpacks, but doesn't work in the > program. There is a bug report regarding this issue for about 2 months but no > one cares about it. What's the bug number? > I think this is caused by one of the greatest problems you have with Rosetta. > You need more contributors. At the moment there are only a few people. Not > even enough to fix the problems you caused with Rosetta or to import upstream > translation. If I won't do that for the german team, no one would do this. On > your "international" translators mailing list, there are 15 (!) posts. For > example one guy who wants to contribute a new language, but no one answers. > In the german list there have not been any posts this month. ubuntu-translators seems pretty busy to me. > So my personal impression is that you want to abuse the reputation of the KDE > project by placing links (adds?) in our programs to push your proprietary > translation tool. I don't see adding a link to Rosetta as abusing the reputation of KDE. Jonathan