List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: A mysterious && in kerry.po
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2006-06-27 13:22:43

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 27. Juni 2006 14:48 schrieb Yukiko Bando:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was trying to update kerry.po in kdereview and found a mysterious
> > && in this string.
> >
> > #: configdialog.cpp:213
> > msgid "Start search && and indexing services automatically"
> >
> > The && is translated in Japanese but I suspect it is a mistake. :)
> >
> > Can someone confirm?
>
> No, a & marks an accelerator - if it's not prefixed by a & itself. So
> && is Qt for &

Then what does it mean in front of "and"?

It is translated as "Start the search of && and indexing service
automatically" in Japanese.  It it correct?

msgstr "&& の検索とインデックス作成サービスを自動的に開始します"

The && is omitted in other languages.

msgstr "Such- und Indizierungsdienste automatisch starten"
msgstr "Démarrer automatiquement la recherche et l'indexation de services"

Yukiko