List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Arabic
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-19 20:13:58

A Dilluns 19 Juny 2006 03:29, Renato Pavicic - Translator-shop.org va
escriure:
> Hello Youssef,
>
> Monday, June 19, 2006, 12:37:22 AM, you wrote:
> > Thank you very much for your reply.
> >
> >> IMO you should solve such problems with current Team Leaders.
> >
> > There is no team leader anymore.
> >
> >> If it's really abandoned
> >
> > It is really abandoned.
> >
> >> than after you'll begin to work hardly, the current  Leaders will give
> >> you
> >
> > permissions.
> > This is what I do not understand. There is no team leader, therefore no
> > one can give the permission as far as I can understand.
> >
> >> Just ask Coordinators to register  SVN-account for you.
> >
> > Do you mean by "coordinators" team leaders? I have already requested an
> > SVN account from sysadmin@kde.org but got no reaction.
> >
> >> PS: You mustn't be a Leader to commit the translations to SVN.
> >
> > But at least, should I have an SVN account (without being a team leader)?
> > I apologize for my ignorance.
>
> Forgot to mention... When I applied to contiue the work, as far as I
> remeber, since there was no coordinator of mine, only KDE localization
> admin can give any account, hence he is the one that wil
> simultaneously give you the coordinator account

Not true, sysadmin@kde.org is the one giving out svn accounts, and EVERYONE
with a svn account can commit to ANY translation he wants, just we usually do
not interfere with other people work and like the teams to coordinate
themselves.

About chaning data on l10n.kde.org you need to ask for extra permissions to
sysadmin also (iirc, not sure).

Albert