List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    How to test localized KDE?
From:       Stephen Holt <steverwanda () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-03-29 9:35:28

Hi,

I've have a set of PO files from the l10n/templates/kdelibs and
l10n/templates/kdebase directories, which have been translated into
Kinyarwanda.

I'm now having trouble actually getting this up and running on Ubuntu
Breezy Badger. I've converted all the po files into mo using msgfmt,
put them in /usr/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES (loose though - should the
mo files stay in the same directory structure?) and then put lines
LANGUAGE="rw"
LANG=rw
into the /etc/environment file. KDE is still coming up in English
though. What can I do, or is this approach much too simplistic?

Thanks,
Steve.