List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    amaroK documentation effort 31/3 - 2/4
From:       Christie Harris <dangle.baby () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-25 1:13:47

Hi guys,

With the rapid approach of amaroK 1.4 stable release, it's time the handbook
was brought completely uptodate. There are lot of changes and added features
for this version, and the current handbook is falling behind.
With this in mind, I've set up a wiki page [1], and specifically a TODO list
[2] with all the sections that still need to be written. Hopefully this will
help avoid duplication of effort, where people have perhaps worked on
documentation, but not committed it.

What would be extremely useful, is a concerted effort by anyone who can spare
even a small amount of time next weekend, (31st March - 2nd April) to write
just a small part of documentation for a feature of amarok they are familiar
with, and to put this documentation on the wiki. No need to docbook it at
this stage, that can be done afterwards. The MOST important thing is to have
the content of the handbook reflect the current status of amaroK!

(<obDefensiveMode> Yes, I realise this might be done in many other ways,
including via svn... but for just content, using the wiki allows many more
contribitors than would be comfortable using svn</...> ;) )

Happy writing!

Christie

[1] http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/promowiki/index.php/Category:Handbook
[2]