List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    K3b stable translations hint
From:       Sebastian Trueg <trueg () k3b ! org>
Date:       2006-02-13 9:06:33

Hello K3b translators,

first off: thanks a lot for your work. :)

Yukiko Bando asked me to explain again how the K3b translation stuff currently
works.
K3b is developed in two branches:
stable and trunk
In the latter strings are changed all the time. The first one currently
contains the 0.12.x series.
The k3b-i18n packages are created from the stable branch (to be exact:
stable/l10n/<lang>/messages/extragear-multimedia) by a script which looks for
all five necessary files. If all are there the language is packaged.
So if you like to have your translation included in > K3b 0.12.11, you should
update the translation files in the stable branch.
It may also be of interest to note that I promised not to change any strings
in the stable series (a promise which I will drop with the next major
release ;)

Have a nice day,
Sebastian