List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Does source files need to be ASCII-7bit only?
From:       Funda Wang <fundawang () linux ! net ! cn>
Date:       2006-02-03 16:39:44

> That was refused (by David Faure if I remember well), telling that using
> --no-hash would make translations much slower.
> <snip>
> Scripty does not care. It uses msgfmt in just one place but it is consistant
> (and would not be an obstacle for changing).
I think all of you might be misunderstanding me :(
My though about this problem is to try to make the effect as minimal as
possible.
Modify scripty to do following works:
	Generate POT using out patched libintl(or gettext).
	If POT is ASCII friendly Then
		$MsgfmtArgs='--no-hash'
	Else
		$MsgfmtArgs=''
	End If
	Alter the correspoding line in LL/Makefile.am/in, so that\
		it looks like: msgfmt $MsgfmtArgs xx.po

This way, only those POTs with UTF-8 content are affected. Or, that
is to say, LL/Makefile.am/in is generated by scripty on the fly, rather
than current static ones.