List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: l10n web site
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-01 21:44:39

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 20:36, Spiros Georgaras wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 21:53 Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> > The old CVS server uses different accounts, to allow team modifying
> > their web sites. These accounts need to be recreated, for those who
> > are interested, in the KDE SVN repository, of course if KDE admins are
> > ok, and need to be restricted to their own subfolder.
> >
> > (These web sites are currently in
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/areas/l10n/teams/, but they can be
> > moved if necessary).
> >
> > I would like to know if KDE admins are ok, and I would also know who
> > needs a SVN account,  among translator teams. (see
> > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/misc/applysvnaccount.php for
> > more information).
>
> Hi
>
> I really like the new l10n site layout!!!
>
> Just a question/suggestion about the regeneration of KDE CVS -> KDE SVN
> account. Why restricting acces to these accounts, to their own subfolder?
> Every owner of a (normal) KDE SVN account has unrestricted access to the
> whole of  svn.kde.org (as far as I know) and everybody is responsible enough
> not to mess around in areas they should not. But in case something like that
> happens, svn gives the ability to revert...
>
> So why create restricted accounts? Would'nt it be too musch work with no
> obvious results?

   There's too much security risk because a whole website is involved. Personally,
I would give any team PHP access if cannot demonstrate good and security aware
coding practices. In fact very sub-site on i18n.kde.org is create by default
with "php_flag engine off". In the past I saw abuses: i.e. some started to learn
PHP on i18n.kde.org or subvert security using PHP.

> Kind regards
>   Spiros

kind regards,
--