List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Status of translations in trunk
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2006-01-10 17:34:20

On Monday 09 January 2006 19:58, Bozidar Proevski wrote:
> На понеделник 09 јануари 2006 19:03, Nicolas Goutte напиша:
> > If you mean:
> > http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/index.php
> > it is supposed to have been updated this early morning, according to
> > http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/
>
> I mean is trunk open for committing and are the translations for kde4 or
> what?

For translation of KDE4, there is now an experimental module:
branches/work/kde4-l10n

Currently there is only one language in it: x-test (the former xx language).

Currently I am trying to let run Scripty on it (since a few days) and I have
still problems. Currently the old patched xgettext is used and not the newest
Gettext tools.

Note: msgsplit is not used on this module, as I need to be able to check the
real output format of the Gettext tools and not what mgplit ha made of them.

Note 2: as kde4-l10n is an experimental module, kde4-l10n might not be the
definitive module for KDE4 translation. (Otherwise said: it will not be
necessarily replace trunk/l10n when trunk/l10n will be opened for KDE4
translation.)

As for trunk/l10n, it is still open to commit for everything unstable in KDE3:
KOffice 1.5, extragears, playgrounds... and the untable documentation (the
one where the sources are in KDE4 modules).

To simplify the work of teams working on trunk/l10n and branches/stable/l10n;
I have ported the POT files of KDE to trunk/l10n so that they are again
up-to-date after the message "unfreeze".

> > Have a nice day!
>
> Greetings Bozidar

Have a nice day!