Nicolas Goutte wrote: >As discussed a few weeks ago, there is a need to break (shortly) the message >freeze for fixing typos and other errors in user visible messages of KDE 3.5 >before KDE 3.5.1. > Then, this is a great moment for me to ask... Kate/Kwrite have no BIDI support, that is already known. This is bad also for Hindic speaker, who have to use a crappy editor, like kedit to write simple notes. That is bad. There is a solution to that, which sadly I found just recently. KDE applications can use different editors, the default installed by kdelibs is katePart. I found also kvimPart, and a "Qt Designer Based Text Editor" which is supplied by KDevelop. The last one, has a really good BiDI support, and I can only assume it will support all other languages Qt3.3.5 supports. As one can embed that kpart into KWrite, this means we can have a really powerful editor, with better support for "complex layouts". The code is already available in kdevelop, which have a stable release, so may I propose: Lets move that code to kdelibs, and by this providing a decent text editor for those who do not write English. Here is a flash animation which shows the BIDI support of that editor, just ignore the Hebrew texts, look at the images, and install a Flash plugin (if you do ask, I can make an English version): http://iglu.org.il/~diego/kde/kwrite.html