List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Can I commit a fix for a typo for KDE 3.5?
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-11-14 16:46:14

>> [: Michal Rudolf :]
>> But translator often doesn't know which program owns the file. Also,
>> using bugs.kde.org for simple typos has really too big overhead.
>
> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> [...] KBabel does not know it either, as this information is not in the
> PO file.

How about a chain: code reference in a PO file -> svn blame on that file ->
match lines and send mail to respective author (and somewhere else, for
global overview)?

> [: Michal Rudolf :]
> Of course, I understand that there is always too much work and too
> little developers to do it, but current situation means wasting an
> opportunity to have some 50-100 reviewers of each PO file, who can find
> and report typos/tag mismatches/ambiguous contexts very quickly.

I agree, it seems to me that there is considerable untapped potential for
cooperation among translators. Even I myself find bugs.kde.org to be quite
an overhead for purpose of corrections (and not only typos) and context
addition to messages; I hope that specialized, easy to use
correction/context report tool would indeed make a difference.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team