A Dissabte 12 Novembre 2005 13:38, Kevin Donnelly va escriure: > On Saturday 12 November 2005 10:16, Malcolm Hunter wrote: > > On Tuesday 02 Aug 2005 19:30, you wrote: > > > Ok, as i've gathered from nobody updating their translations for > > > kgeography and from a few people already commenting me either on the > > > list or via a private mail that the .po size is too big. > > > > Any chance you could split the file into two parts? One requiring > > translation, the other only if required for the translator's language. > > Malcolm: This is a seductive possibility, and should probably be done, but > I would have thought that most of the file needs translating anyway, if > only to regularise orthography. My take is, why separate? I mean you can translate GUI only if you want and leave other entrys untranslated or just translate it to the same. > Albert: One way of cutting down the size might be to review whether we need > repeating entries (eg entries for a country in the Europe section, and the > same entries in the World section). I vaguely recall a discussion 6 months > ago about adding the .kgm qualifiers for the entries (I think the reason > was to disambiguate identical placenames?), but this leads to bloat in the > file. Would it not be better to get rid of the .kgm entries, and > disambiguate via additions to the name (eg Paris (Texas) and Paris > (France)? I disagree, i mean, if you are in Europe map, you don't want to get Paris (France) as a string, you only want Paris, imagine you where in a tellme the capital of and you get Tellme the capital of France: Madrid London Paris (France) Moscow :-D Albert ______________________________________________ Renovamos el Correo Yahoo! Nuevos servicios, más seguridad http://correo.yahoo.es