List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Continuous fuzzy message on messages/playground-base/kat.po
From:       José_Nuno_Coelho_Sanarra_Pires <jose.pires () inov ! pt>
Date:       2005-10-28 13:41:37

Hello,

I'm getting everyday this message as fuzzy on the
'messages/playground-base/kat.po' file.

#: katdaemon/katindexermanager.cpp:396
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
"_n: Indexing\n"
"Estimated time remaining: %1 (1 file/folder left).\n"
"Indexing\n"
"Estimated time remaining: %1 (%n files/folders left)."
msgstr ""
"A indexar\n"
"Tempo restante estimado: %1 (falta 1 ficheiro/pasta).\n"
"A indexar\n"
"Tempo restante estimado: %1 (faltam %n ficheiros/pastas)."

The message is properly translated into Portuguese; however, I don't
understand why it's always fuzzy.

One thing that crossed my mind is the 'plural forms' support. As Portuguese
has 2 plural forms, and there are 3 '\n' characters on the 'msgid' and
'msgstr', I was thinking that the 'msgstr' could be understood as having 3
plural forms, when it's not the case (the original message is wrapped).

Could you give me any hint on this, to avoid getting this message as fuzzy,
everyday?

Best regards,
--
José Nuno Coelho Pires