List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: userguide
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-10-05 12:20:08

On Monday 03 October 2005 18:04, Gregory Mokhin wrote:
> Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> > No, I don't think so - since the English documentation lives in the
> > module to which it applies, the docs that will be released with 3.5 are
> > in the 3.5 branch. It's just the translations that are in trunk, as I
> > understand it.
>
> The whole thing of reorganizing l10n into trunk and stable was to
> avoid such mess, and here we are again.
>
> Currently stable is for 3.4, and trunk is for 3.5. I do hope it is
> valid for both GUI and docs, isn't it?

Well, the problem is that currently there are 3 working KDE versions:
- KDE 3.4.x (the stable one)
- KDE 3.5.x (the current development one)
- KDE 4 (the future)

As translating KDE4 is not useful at all currently, trunk/l10n is used for KDE
3.5.x, keeping branches/stable/l10n for KDE 3.4.x.

Have a nice day!