List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kfax vs kfaxview
From:       Wilfried Huss <Wilfried.Huss () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-09-29 18:12:55

Am Thursday, 29. September 2005 09:02 schrieben Sie:
> On Thursday 29 September 2005 00:04, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The new pot-file kfaxview.pot in kdegraphics consists of strings that are also
> > present in kfax.pot itself (mostly new strings in kfax.pot), including
> > strings that point to the kviewshellplugin for viewing fax files.
> > Does this mean that kfaxview.pot is actually obsolete and that all code has
> > been merged into kfax.pot?
>
> Both still exist at the moment, but I think the plan is for kfax to replace kfaxview
> (according to a kde-core-devel discussion some time ago).

I probably should have followed up on that discussion. Actually it's kfax that I
wanted to remove, but after some more test it looks like kfax still does support
some files that kfaxview does not. An example is kde.g3 in the examples
directory of kfax.

I'm not sure if such files are actually used anywhere, but I thought it is better
to leave kfax for now, even though it does crash every three minutes.

Greetings,
Wilfried Huss