List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Adding missing TRANS comments in docs
From:       Philip Rodrigues <philip.rodrigues () chch ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-09-27 18:19:39

Hi,
With Frerich Raabe's new 'sanitizer' program for checking the docs[1], I've
noticed a lot of docs which are missing the <!-- TRANS:ROLES_OF_TRANSLATORS
--> and <!-- TRANS:CREDIT_FOR_TRANSLATORS --> comments. I'm willing to go
through the docs and add these, and commit to branch ASAP, if you would
find it useful. So, two questions:

1. Does the lack of these comments prevent you or discourage you from
translating the docs?
2. If so, do you consider it sufficiently serious to require breaking the
string freeze?

I haven't discussed this with the rest of the docs team yet; it's just an
idea I came up with this evening, but if you're interested, I'll ask them
what they think.

Regards,
Philip

1. http://people.fruitsalad.org/frerich/sanitizer/