List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: appropriating mozilla / OpenOffice translations for KDE
From:       Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar () randomink ! org>
Date:       2005-09-26 8:24:45

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:56:38 +0300
"Donatas G." <dgvirtual@akl.lt> wrote:

> Is  there a way to get mozilla or OpenOffice or other non gettext
> format translations into Kbabel translation dictionary, or a tmx
> compendium, to be added to KBabel as translation help?
>
> The only professional open source translations in Lithuanian are
> Mozilla, Open Office and some others, all of which are not gettext
> format translations, and I would like to be able to use those
> translations somehow.
>
> Any ideas? Any scripts written for that purpose?

there is this translate toolkit (written in python) at
http://translate.org.za / http://translate.sourceforge.net
 it allows you to convert translations in Mozilla / OpenOffice.org
format to  PO files.  ( moz2po , oo2po etc )
 You can use those to convert them to PO files & use in Kbabel.
docs here explain it
better
http://translate.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

Karunakar