List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Automatic translation of fuzzy strings
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-09-15 16:21:08

On Thursday 15 September 2005 18:11, Donatas G. wrote:
> Is there a way to use KBabel to automatically translate strings, that are
> fuzzy, that would consequently be marked "not fuzzy" - translated?
>
> I am working with autotranslation, and I am uncheking the option "mark the
> changed messages as fuzzy", but it only works for translated or
> untranslated strings - not the fuzzy ones. those also get translated, but
> they are left marked as "fuzzy".
>
> Another way to do what I want woud be to simply remove the msgstr values if
> they are fuzzy (and then make Kbabel translate the untranslated strings).
> Could this be done with kbabel?
>
> Could this be done with some gettext command? The best thing would be to
> have one command for a whole tree of po files.

Have you tried
msgattrib --clear-fuzzy

(I have never used msgattrib so I do not know what it can do or not.)

(As far as I have understood, you can also use msgattrib in a way by creating
multiple temporary files (for translated, fuzzy, untranslated), manipulate
these temporary files and then use msgcat to bring all these temporary files
together.)