List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: PO without POT, manual or automatic removal?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-09-03 12:12:05

On Saturday 03 September 2005 09:42, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the information.
>
> I'm thinking about coding my own automatic removal script, where the
> script will check the PO file for its corresponding POT. If the POT is
> not available, then the PO file will be deleted.

You can look at l10n/script/xx_remove_obsolete.sh

The script is done for the xx language, but you can make your own script out
of it by changing the language at the first cd command.

(And you can add the new version to your l10n/$lang/internal directory for
example.)

> I'm not worried about merging translation, as there are compendiums
> available, and translation memories in the translation tool such as
> KBabel and poEdit. :)

Well, that is perhaps good for active teams, but unfortunately we have much
less active teams (not to say inactive teams).

Have a nice day!