List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: problem with language selection
From:       Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar () indlinux ! org>
Date:       2005-08-26 7:43:05

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:17:29 +0700
Jens Herden <jens@khmeros.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I guess you need to translate the main components like kdelibs,
> >
> > KDE has a set of essential PO files which when translated more
> > than 80% constitute the language as supported, you need to
> > complete those first.
> > Essential stats are
> > at
> > http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable/essential.php
> >
> > So basically desktop_kde-i18n.po , desktop_kdelibs.po,
> > kdelibs.po  & kdebase have to be sufficiently translated (ie upto
> > 80% or above.)
>
> thanks for your input. What does the term sufficiently translated
> mean here? desktop_kde-i18n.po , desktop_kdelibs.po and kdelibs.po
> are translated! I doubt that KDE does read all the files for
> kdebase to figure out if it has 80% or not.

I meant for the language to be called supported in KDE it has to be
80% or above.

> > also most package categories have a desktop_PACKAGE.po ( eg.
> > desktop_kdebase.po ), which constitutes translations for menus
> > & .desktop files associated, doing them first would get you
> > immediate visible output.
>
> We have already visible output. My problem is only that I can not
> choose the language in the control centre.

Do you have the two files   charset  & entry.desktop files in  /usr/
share/locale/km

& also entry.desktop (same as above) in /usr/share/locale/l10n/km ?
two directories are needed in  locale/l10n , country   &
language. country will have a entry.desktop with country name and a
flag.png for the flag.
similarly language dir with entry.desktop for language.
 just for comparison chek l10n/in  , l10n/hi ( for Hindi , India ) &
use similar entry.desktop.
( though I can see a l10n/km with Comoros as country!)

Karunakar