List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Yast Text Translation For Internationalization
From:       "dr. strangedub" <doctorstrangedub () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-08-18 21:53:39

As part of a company project we have created a customized version of YaST. Now
that we have most of our functionality in place, we need to provide for
internationalization and/or localization of the product.

I'm looking for information on the internationalization/localization of YaST
text strings. I know about the convention of specifying text strings with the
format "_(string)" in .ycp code files as the first step. And I know that the
.pot files in each YaST package are involved in text translation. But that's
about it.

Any help, documents, or good links to info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....... Oh, and if this is not the appropriate list to send such a
question to, please advise in regard to other list(s).

-Michael Rose