List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KGeography needs your help
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-08-18 13:30:49

> [: Chusslove Illich :]
> On translator's side [...] I would still like if each plural form could
> begin with same delmiter (with these special cases somehow following).
> Also, in implementation it would no longer be lightweight to parse [...]

How about this:

msgid "Found %1 files"
msgstr ""
"#>:0:1"
"#>No files found"
"#>One file found"
"#>Found %1 file"
"#>Found %1 files"
"#>Found %1 filess"

First line, "#>:0:1", defines that there are two additional forms, for 0
and 1, which come before standard forms, in given order. If translator
needs to specify which argument is the one upon which the form is decided,
its number can also fit in the first line, between ">" and first ":", like
"#>1:0:1". This solution would be easy to parse.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team