List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kbabel cannot find a corresponding plugin for the MIME type of
From:       Jens Herden <jens () khmeros ! info>
Date:       2005-08-17 6:38:07

Hi,

I did try it here with KBabel from KDE 3.4.1 and it is not possible to save to
any remote location.
Looking in the source code does immediately show where the problem is:
- every remote file will be downloaded first to a temp file
- this temp file gets a different file extention than the original (here it
is .tmp)
- before writing KBabel determines the mimetype from the temp file and tries
to find a plugin to handle this mimetype. Of course the mimetype is wrong and
there is no appropriate plugin for a temp files.

Shall I write a bug report or is a KBabel developer reading this?

Jens