List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re:
From:       Keo Sophon <keosophon () khmeros ! info>
Date:       2005-08-04 11:21:06

Amanpreet Singh Brar បាន​សរសេរ​ថា ៖

> Keo Sophon wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am Keo Sophon from Cambodia. I am working for KhmerOS Initiative
>>(http://www.khmeros.info) which is bringing the Khmer unicode to computer
>>and localizing FOSS to Khmer language.
>>
>>We would like to translate KDE to Khmer language. In the list of
>>languages, we didn't find the Khmer lanuage so we would like to introduce
>>Khmer to KDE. What do we need to do now?
>>
>>On the web, http://i18n.kde.org/translation-howto/new-language.html, you
>>wrote "Note: KDE does not yet fully support Indic languages", what does
>>this mean?
>>

> this document is very old
> check at
> http://i18n.kde.org/translation-howto/index.html
> "Revision 1.6 (2001-7-5)
> Copyright   1999-2002 "
>
> So, don't worry about Support for Indic Langauge as
> Bengali <http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/bn/index.php> (bn)
> Gujarati <http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/gu/index.php> (gu)
> Hindi <http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/hi/index.php> (hi)
> Punjabi <http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/pa/index.php> (pa)
> Tamil <http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/ta/index.php> (ta)
>
> are fully supported Indian Langauges in KDE.
>
> regards
> AP Singh Brar
> Punjabi Team
>
>>Thanks,
>>Keo Sophon

Thanks all friends very much. KhmerOS have already localized OpenOffice
2.0, Firefox, imp, etc... to Khmer, as well as interated Khmer script
rendering in Qt. We are starting to translate KDE and we will put 4
full-time translators with FOSS localization experience on the KDE
localization project, and that we plan to translate all of it, including
a wide number of utilities and applications.

Thanks,
Keo Sophon