List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: docs.kde.org renovation
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2005-06-22 22:30:33

Op woensdag 22 juni 2005 18:45, schreef Rainer Endres:
> The KDE Documentation page [http://docs.kde.org] received a rewrite for
> backend and frontend resulting in added functionality.

It looks great!!
I was so happy with the new interface when I first saw it last week, I pointed
the audience of several Dutch for to the new site.

> It is now easier to
> use and easier to maintain (for me largely Python illiterate person).
Nice :)
Will new or changed docs be added automaticly, or does it need some manual
invoking of you?

> I want to announce on the dot tomorrow, so please help iron out the last
> glitches, thanks.

I noticed some, but dunno if they are related to docs.kde.org or to the
documentation in general.

For example on this page:
http://docs.kde.org/development/nl/kdebase/kcontrol/index.html

in some browsers (e.g. firefox and IE6) you can't click the links directly,
but you need to place the cursor under the link to be able to click it.

Pages with a lot of images don't render well:
http://docs.kde.org/development/nl/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-kapp-camera.html
on this page, the buttons 'previous' and 'next' appear somewhere half way the
page, in stead on the bottom.
Also a part of the bottom picture appears half way.
The text 'previous' and 'next' moves to it original position when it is
clicked.

This one is related to the site:
http://docs.kde.org/development/nl/extragear-network/konversation/identity.html
The button-images 1-7 that are used in the screenshot don't appear in the
table below the image.

Kind regards, Rinse