List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Deleting translations (Re: Moving translations)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-13 11:09:06

On Monday 13 June 2005 11:44, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Sunday 12 June 2005 18:06, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> > Oh, one more thing. I think it is wrong to _remove_ translation file
> > completely (as it might contain some useful translations), while it is
> > OK to _move_ translation to some other location. I think this is what
> > other translators opposed to.
>
> Can you explain why you feel that they should not be removed? Why having them
> in the history of the KDE SVN repository is not enough for you?
>
> If removing is really not acceptable, then perhaps the script should move
> files without corresponding .pot file to a l10n/<lang>/internal/obsolete
> directory.

I have the following po files that I think should just be deleted:
kdenonbeta/frontman.po   (well, messages is gone but docmessages is still there !???)
kdenonbeta/frontssh.po
kdenonbeta/kcmnapster.po
kdenonbeta/kapture.po
kdenonbeta/uirtk.po
kdenonbeta/konference.po

Am I correct that they are about completely deleted programs? How could those
translations be useful then? Moving them to obsolete would just be a waste of space
IMHO. OK if I just delete them?