List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Standalone release of Kalzium in early July
From:       Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-06-10 12:11:25

Hi

I want to do a standalone-release of Kalzium. For this it would be really good
if the translators would update their translations earlier than usual. I will
use the code in trunk. The translators can therefore simply use the regular
kalzium.po from trunk.
The purpose of this release is to give the much improved Kalzium out to the
users. Furthermore, we hope to get feedback from users so that we can make
use of the feedback for KDE 3.5. The changes between 3.5 and the
standalone-release will be kept to a minimum as we will concentrate on
porting to Qt4 after the standalone-release.

=== The Plan ===

End of June (probably 20 June 2005): Feature freeze, medium stringfreeze. We
will try to not change any strings after featurefreeze but you never know. We
will enter the strong stringfreeze on July 3rd 2005.

8 July 2005: End of bugfixing and reviewing.

11 July 2005, 6pm GMT: Release. I will take the .po-files from this date.

Most strings should already be finished, so I think translators could start
next week without loosing many strings. Currently, we are "finetuning"
features.

Greetings,

   Carsten