List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Konversation i18n string freeze
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2005-06-07 19:19:39

Tirsdag den 7. juni 2005 21:20 skrev Ismail Donmez:
> Let me try to be more clear then. Extragear people do i18n freezes so
> translators know that during that time po files won't change so they can go
> translate whole file and commit their updates. When its not in freeze while
> you are translating new strings could be added so when you commit changes
> it may not be 100% translated.
>
> Did this clear the issue a bit more?

Yes but freezing is normally done as preparation for a release, and then a
branching should normally take place, so that the hopefully fully translated
files are kept one place and the new files are kept in trunk. If that does
not happen I fail to see the prupose of having a freeze and an unfreeze. But
maybe what you mean is that you just release whatever was translated on that
specific date. The idea in having stable and trunk however was to solve this
problem for the extragear modules, but maybe that is not yet in place.

Erik