List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Something really BAD in KWord doc regeneration
From:       Federico Zenith <zenith () chemeng ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2005-05-29 17:48:32

Alle 16:29, domenica 29 maggio 2005, Federico Zenith ha scritto:
> [URGENT deadline would be tonight!]
>
> Hi,
> I used a lot of effort to bring the KWord documentation up to date.
> However, as I finished today, I stumbled upon some serious mishap in
> regeneration. It seems that for some reason the ID's of many links are not
> found or recognized. Using update_xml, this is what I see:

In case someone gets the same:
It was caused by some strange behaviour. There were some needless
<link></link> clauses (that should be illegal AFAIK, since they do not
specify where they link) in mbtb.docbook; however, mbtb was regererated,
without warnings, but as an empty file, and the errors were blamed on
index.docbook.

Replacing the apparently not-so-useless <link></link> and regenerating fixed
the problem.

This was the most cryptic incident with update_xml yet...

Cheers,
-Federico