List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: SVN and non-recursive checkout
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-05 6:32:45

On Thursday 05 May 2005 01:55, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> I was trying to get contents of kde-i18n and only "pl" subdirectory.
> I thought that -N option does the trick, but I always get "svn:
> 'something' is not under version control" when I try to update in such
> directory.
>
> I have tried doing things according to subversion introduction (on
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/subversion/). There is
> the following example:
>
> "Now, let's suppose you want to check out KDE, and KOffice. While you
> can repeat the steps above for each of the modules, you can also try the
> following, for which there is no CVS equivalent:
> svn checkout -N <protocol>://<username>@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/
> cd trunk
> svn up KDE koffice"
>
> I have tried it and it doesn't work:
> krzysiek@anna:~/svn> svn checkout -N
> https://klichota@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/
> Checked out revision 409539.
> krzysiek@anna:~/svn> cd trunk/
> krzysiek@anna:~/svn/trunk> svn up koffice
> svn: 'koffice' is not under version control

Very strange. That's a fresh directory, right? No koffice in current
directory? Do you use subversion 1.0 or 1.1? it's possible that the tutorials
apply only to 1.1 and that you need different ways for 1.0.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화